OB-GYN NORTH is the practice of

Christina Sebestyen, MD, FACOG, Tesa Miller, MD, FACOG, April Schiemenz, MD,
Siobhan Kubesh, CNM, Lisa Carlile, CNM, Kathy Harrison-Short, CNM and Katherine Davidson , FPNP

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Get to Know Dr. Maansi Piparia

Hi there everyone! I'm Dr. Maansi Piparia, and even though I have been here at the practice for a year now, I am still the newest doctor of the group!

I am sure some of you have met me already but just to give you a little background, I was born in Canton, Ohio but was mostly raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Growing up in Tulsa was great but Texas always seemed a little more appealing so I made it my goal to move here someday. I finished high school and was accepted to a six year combined BA/MD program in Kansas City, Missouri. The program is an accelerated path for young adults who a sure they want to become a physician, and I knew at a pretty early age! Although I didn't have a normal college experience, it was six years of bonding with friends who were also going to school all year-round with intensity and stress! After medical school, I journeyed up to Chicago where I completed my residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. I found a love for teaching and laparoscopy and found my husband while we were early in training! 

After residency, my husband and I moved to Austin. We were starting fresh, as we didn't know anyone here, and just hopeful it would be a good experience. We have been extremely thrilled with our choice! Since we have been here we have had a great time in the city, experiencing the music, the culture and the amazing Mexican food!  We recently bought a house in Round Rock and we are hoping to start a family very soon!

If we ever get off topic in a clinic visit there's a good chance I might be talking about how much I love the OU Sooners (of course better than the Longhorns, haha) or about my big fat Indian wedding that I had almost 1 year ago!

I will never forget a quote that was presented to me in my early years, "Choose a job you love and you will never work a day in your life." Of course we all know that Obstetrics is hard work for all of us, the patient and physician, partners and families all included, but this quote is true. Essentially, if you are doing something you truly love in life, then even if it takes sleepless nights and stress, its still enjoyable and worth every second. That is in a nutshell why I am here and why I am doing what I do! I hope that I get to meet all of you sometime and thanks for reading a little about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment