OB-GYN NORTH is the practice of

Christina Sebestyen, MD, FACOG, Tesa Miller, MD, FACOG, April Schiemenz, MD,
Siobhan Kubesh, CNM, Lisa Carlile, CNM, Kathy Harrison-Short, CNM and Katherine Davidson , FPNP

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Getting to Know Dr. Piparia

When did you know you wanted to be a physician?
I knew I wanted to be a physician in my 7th grade biology class. I remember learning that there were 206 major bones in the human body and I remember thinking I wanted to know each and every one of them and how they all worked together. Little did I know that there was much more to human anatomy...when I found out, it made my desire to learn even stronger 

What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part of the job is knowing that I can motive women to push their bodies to show them what they were made to do, and to show them how amazingly we were created. 

What are your favorite resources for women in Austin?
I’m still a bit new to the city and I don't know Austin as well as I’d like to, but I love what the Milk Bank is able to do for our community of new Moms and their babies. 

What is your favorite way to exercise?
My favorite way to exercise is to dance! Bollywood style!  

What would you say to women about the process of pregnancy and delivery? 
Believe in your self. Your body got you to where you are in this moment, and you'll be amazed at what more it can do. Just stay positive and give your body a chance! 

How many babies have you delivered? 
More than you would expect. Even though I am young, I worked in one of the busiest centers in downtown Chicago and gained a lot of experience in a short amount of time! 

How is your view on birth different now that you’ve experienced it so many times? 
Although it seems like we only look at things though medical eyes, I really see birth as an experience that our bodies were created to perform. It is more natural than we realize regardless of what you are getting to help contractions along or what you might need for discomfort. I view birth as a celebration of a moment in someones life, rather than a medical event that is clouded by IV poles, hospital beds and monitors. 

What is something that surprises you about deliveries? I still get excited every time I see a new parents’ reaction to their newborn. The moment their baby is delivered surprises me every time, each individual reaction is so different. 

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Piparia you gave me the birth I've always dreamed of.
    We will be forever grateful to you. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

    From Colbie , Chris & Baby Ember

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really interesting to read! It is cool to get a perspective from doctors who work as an OBGYN. I am pregnant with my first child so I have been doing a lot of research about OBGYN's and the part they play in a woman's pregnancy and birth. I want to keep doing some research so I can learn more.
    Emily Smith | http://www.whmg.net

    ReplyDelete